Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Seeking Mr Eaten's name Messages in this topic - RSS

Myrto
Myrto
Posts: 202

3/19/2017
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

Where is the quality Marsh-Mired? I can't remember if I've achieved my SMEN point for the week yet, and I don't want to mess around with Peckish if I've already got it. Where do I find Marsh Mired?

Thanks!

--
Myrto, a mysterious veteran spy who is only on their own side; currently trying out the Trickster path. Married to navchaa!
Edith Alpha Doyle, social climber with grand ambitions; Correspondent who would be happy to assist you in whatever way she can.
Jack%20Ellis, teenaged orphan who came to the Neath to pursue a career in crime; monster-hunter. Currently spending time in New Newgate on the Seeking road.
0 link
phryne
phryne
Posts: 900

3/19/2017
Myrto wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

Where is the quality Marsh-Mired? I can't remember if I've achieved my SMEN point for the week yet, and I don't want to mess around with Peckish if I've already got it. Where do I find Marsh Mired?

Thanks!

Under "Stories". If it's not there, you haven't got your point for the week yet.

--
a Scarlet Sainta Monster-Huntera Memorya Raven?
List of useful thingsFavours & Renown GuideDestiny Guide
0 link
Myrto
Myrto
Posts: 202

3/20/2017
phryne wrote:
Under "Stories". If it's not there, you haven't got your point for the week yet.


Thanks, Phryne! I hadn't done it yet, so here come the black bordered cards.

--
Myrto, a mysterious veteran spy who is only on their own side; currently trying out the Trickster path. Married to navchaa!
Edith Alpha Doyle, social climber with grand ambitions; Correspondent who would be happy to assist you in whatever way she can.
Jack%20Ellis, teenaged orphan who came to the Neath to pursue a career in crime; monster-hunter. Currently spending time in New Newgate on the Seeking road.
0 link
sophianyogu
sophianyogu
Posts: 9

3/20/2017
A brief question about ideal SMEN candle order (apologies if this is widely known information):
I am currently on Winking Isle with SMEN 33. I have Arthur, Beau, and Cerise. My current plan is to grind up SMEN on Winking Isle to 77 and then deal with the candles I still need to get. The options in the Seeking Road storylet for Erzulie, Forthigan, and Gawain only seem to require Cerise (and not the other candles). There is no storylet for Destin. I am a little confused about the necessary progression from now on. My aim is to get Destin via Torment, so I'll be waiting quite a while - can I get all the other candles first? Do the options in the Seeking Road storylet not correspond to the actual candles? Can I get Erzulie, Forthigan, and Gawain in any order? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Edit: Nvm! Further perusing of the wiki has been very helpful.
edited by sophianyogu on 3/20/2017

--
POSI.
Seeking chess games in particular from users with Watchful > 150.
Profile: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/sophianyogu
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum
Posts: 2786

3/20/2017
sophianyogu wrote:
A brief question about ideal SMEN candle order (apologies if this is widely known information):
I am currently on Winking Isle with SMEN 33. I have Arthur, Beau, and Cerise. My current plan is to grind up SMEN on Winking Isle to 77 and then deal with the candles I still need to get. The options in the Seeking Road storylet for Erzulie, Forthigan, and Gawain only seem to require Cerise (and not the other candles). There is no storylet for Destin. I am a little confused about the necessary progression from now on. My aim is to get Destin via Torment, so I'll be waiting quite a while - can I get all the other candles first? Do the options in the Seeking Road storylet not correspond to the actual candles? Can I get Erzulie, Forthigan, and Gawain in any order? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Edit: Nvm! Further perusing of the wiki has been very helpful.
edited by sophianyogu on 3/20/2017

However you'd be better off grinding 7 at a time to SMEN 75 as the candles will give you the last two points you need.

Edit: Nevermind, I've been corrected about the any order thing.
edited by Optimatum on 3/21/2017

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles or Affluent Photographer requests; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead
Posts: 516

3/20/2017
You need Erzulie's before you can get Forthigan. I learned that the hard way.
Edit: also, Forthigan needs Destin too. I don't remember what Gawain requires.
edited by Pumpkinhead on 3/20/2017

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is on the slow boat, waiting to see if he can find out what death is. (I'm done with London for now. Thanks for everything!)
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
0 link
sophianyogu
sophianyogu
Posts: 9

3/20/2017
Pumpkinhead wrote:
You need Erzulie's before you can get Forthigan. I learned that the hard way.
Edit: also, Forthigan needs Destin too. I don't remember what Gawain requires.
edited by Pumpkinhead on 3/20/2017



And presumably, getting Erzulie nukes the ability to get Destin... if you do give up the ability to get notability/a destiny? It seems odd that it would be possible to just get stuck at that point in the progression, but that's how I'm reading things.

--
POSI.
Seeking chess games in particular from users with Watchful > 150.
Profile: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/sophianyogu
0 link
An Individual
An Individual
Posts: 578

3/20/2017
Optimatum wrote:
sophianyogu wrote:
A brief question about ideal SMEN candle order (apologies if this is widely known information):
I am currently on Winking Isle with SMEN 33. I have Arthur, Beau, and Cerise. My current plan is to grind up SMEN on Winking Isle to 77 and then deal with the candles I still need to get. The options in the Seeking Road storylet for Erzulie, Forthigan, and Gawain only seem to require Cerise (and not the other candles). There is no storylet for Destin. I am a little confused about the necessary progression from now on. My aim is to get Destin via Torment, so I'll be waiting quite a while - can I get all the other candles first? Do the options in the Seeking Road storylet not correspond to the actual candles? Can I get Erzulie, Forthigan, and Gawain in any order? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Edit: Nvm! Further perusing of the wiki has been very helpful.
edited by sophianyogu on 3/20/2017

As I'm assuming you've already gathered, you can get Erzulie, Forthigan,and Gawain in any order. However you'd be better off grinding 7 at a time to SMEN 75 as the candles will give you the last two points you need.


Really? I've gone through it twice and while you can start into the process for those without the previous candle, I'm pretty sure the step that actually gives you the candle is locked if you don't have the previous one. I'm pretty sure you ultimately have to get all the candles in order. Although I'll admit I never actually attempted to get them out of order. Maybe there are different storylets that unlock if you don't have the previous candle.

--
An Individual's Profile
The RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away.
Goat Farming or Cider Brewing? This browser extension may help.
Want a Cider sip? Please refer to this guide before requesting.
Scholaring the Correspondence? A Brief Guide to Courier's Footprint.
Contemplating Oblivion? First Steps on the Seeking Road.
Gone NORTH? Opened the gate? Throw your character in a well.
0 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead
Posts: 516

3/20/2017
sophianyogu wrote:
Pumpkinhead wrote:
You need Erzulie's before you can get Forthigan. I learned that the hard way.
Edit: also, Forthigan needs Destin too. I don't remember what Gawain requires.
edited by Pumpkinhead on 3/20/2017

And presumably, getting Erzulie nukes the ability to get Destin... if you do give up the ability to get notability/a destiny? It seems odd that it would be possible to just get stuck at that point in the progression, but that's how I'm reading things.

I don't think you can get Erzulie's without already having Destin's. You have to have it to start the progress on the Queen of Inks card, obscurity route or cheating route. You also can't light it on WI if you have obscurity, so it seems to be designed so you can't get stuck.
An Individual wrote:
Really? I've gone through it twice and while you can start into the process for those without the previous candle, I'm pretty sure the step that actually gives you the candle is locked if you don't have the previous one. I'm pretty sure you ultimately have to get all the candles in order. Although I'll admit I never actually attempted to get them out of order. Maybe there are different storylets that unlock if you don't have the previous candle.

Nah, Optimatum is definitely wrong on this one. Forthigan's can be started without Destin's or Erzulie's, but it needs both to be finished. Erzulie's needs Destin's. The only one that might be possible out of order is Gawain's; I think you can get it so long as you have SMEN 70 and Cerise's.

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is on the slow boat, waiting to see if he can find out what death is. (I'm done with London for now. Thanks for everything!)
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
0 link
laskaris
laskaris
Posts: 56

3/20/2017
I'm going to go test to see if I can get Gawain's out of sequence for Seeking science, will report back when I find out conclusively one way or another.
edited by laskaris on 3/20/2017


Edit #1: I was able to get the Hollow Heart quality without Erzulie's candle, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but so it goes. Still on my way South, I probably should have done something about my Suspicion 7 before I left London, oops. But I'll get South eventually.
edited by laskaris on 3/20/2017
+2 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond
Posts: 1795

3/20/2017
I think Pumpkinhead is probably right on this one, because the storylets for getting St. Erzulie's, St. Gawain's, and St. Forthigan's opened up as soon as I got St. Cerise's, and the requirements for those three do NOT include St. Destin's.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead
Posts: 516

3/20/2017
Good luck laskaris, and may you not encounter a game destroying bug on your travels. We appreciate your contribution to science.
Also, FYI, the story makes a lot more sense if you get Erzulie's first. For anyone reading this in the future, don't get Gawain's until you've got all the other candles.
cathyr19355 wrote:
I think Pumpkinhead is probably right on this one, because the storylets for getting St. Erzulie's, St. Gawain's, and St. Forthigan's opened up as soon as I got St. Cerise's, and the requirements for those three do NOT include St. Destin's.

They definitely open up, but Erzulie's and Forthigan's need Destin's to continue. I went through the first to steps at the Chapel of Lights before I had Destin's and was unable to continue with Forthigan's.
edited by Pumpkinhead on 3/20/2017

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is on the slow boat, waiting to see if he can find out what death is. (I'm done with London for now. Thanks for everything!)
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
0 link
sophianyogu
sophianyogu
Posts: 9

3/20/2017
So the consensus is basically: do them in the "intended" order, ie Arthur/Beau/Cerise/Destin/Erzulie/Forthigan/Gawain? Thank you so much everyone for your feedback! Now to either wait five months or to put my nose to the notability grindstone...

Pumpkinhead wrote:
Good luck laskaris, and may you not encounter a game destroying bug on your travels. We appreciate your contribution to science.
Also, FYI, the story makes a lot more sense if you get Erzulie's first. For anyone reading this in the future, don't get Gawain's until you've got all the other candles.
cathyr19355 wrote:
I think Pumpkinhead is probably right on this one, because the storylets for getting St. Erzulie's, St. Gawain's, and St. Forthigan's opened up as soon as I got St. Cerise's, and the requirements for those three do NOT include St. Destin's.

They definitely open up, but Erzulie's and Forthigan's need Destin's to continue. I went through the first to steps at the Chapel of Lights before I had Destin's and was unable to continue with Forthigan's.
edited by Pumpkinhead on 3/20/2017


--
POSI.
Seeking chess games in particular from users with Watchful > 150.
Profile: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/sophianyogu
0 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead
Posts: 516

3/20/2017
Yep. Even if mechanically you can do stuff out of order, it makes a lot more sense if you go in the order the story intended. I went to the Chapel of Lights before getting Erzulie's and was confused.
Good luck! You'll probably be able to get your notability to 12 before the next festival. Just keep in mind that Destin's is by far the longest candle to get. Just remember that if you've got Arthur's, Cerise's, Beau's, and SMEN 70-ish, once you get Destin's it'll probably only take you a day or two to grab the rest of the candles and head NORTH. I'm pretty sure I did it in a day and a morning.
edited by Pumpkinhead on 3/20/2017

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is on the slow boat, waiting to see if he can find out what death is. (I'm done with London for now. Thanks for everything!)
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum
Posts: 2786

3/21/2017
An Individual wrote:
Really? I've gone through it twice and while you can start into the process for those without the previous candle, I'm pretty sure the step that actually gives you the candle is locked if you don't have the previous one. I'm pretty sure you ultimately have to get all the candles in order. Although I'll admit I never actually attempted to get them out of order. Maybe there are different storylets that unlock if you don't have the previous candle.

Yeah, I was definitely wrong. I was looking at the unlocks for the storylets in The Seeking Road but I forgot about the unlocks on Erzulie and Forthigan.

Speaking of which, did we ever figure out the significance of Forthigan vs Fortigan?

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles or Affluent Photographer requests; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead
Posts: 516

3/21/2017
Where does it appear as each again? All I remember is it's Fortigan in the inventory.

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is on the slow boat, waiting to see if he can find out what death is. (I'm done with London for now. Thanks for everything!)
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
0 link
Fluby
Fluby
Posts: 48

3/21/2017
Optimatum wrote:
Speaking of which, did we ever figure out the significance of Forthigan vs Fortigan?

Well, in Old Seeking, you had to go back and /forth-again/ to Winking Isle.
0 link
laskaris
laskaris
Posts: 56

3/21/2017
So, my report in the name of Seeking science: you can't get Gawain out of order. I went all the way South, set my Question, etc, but when I got to the chapel, there was no option to attend the last service in the name of St. Gawain. So I assume you need Fortigan's to get Gawain's candle.

Time to return to London through strange rooms and immediately go to a lovely stay at New Newgate when I return. Someone please contact my lawyer.
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum
Posts: 2786

3/21/2017
Fluby wrote:
Optimatum wrote:
Speaking of which, did we ever figure out the significance of Forthigan vs Fortigan?

Well, in Old Seeking, you had to go back and /forth-again/ to Winking Isle.


Not what I'm talking about.

"I kept meaning to say, btw. Fortigan/Forthigan isn't a typo: it's a clue" -Alexis, on Twitter

laskaris wrote:
So, my report in the name of Seeking science: you can't get Gawain out of order. I went all the way South, set my Question, etc, but when I got to the chapel, there was no option to attend the last service in the name of St. Gawain. So I assume you need Fortigan's to get Gawain's candle.



Just checked the wiki and Gawain's service at the Chapel does need Fortigan, just like every other service needs the candle for the one before. So all is working as intended.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles or Affluent Photographer requests; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
laskaris
laskaris
Posts: 56

3/21/2017
It was a fine experiment regardless. Except for the going to jail as soon as I returned part. That's why i never go to zee if I can help it.
0 link




Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.0.2.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software