Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Seeking Mr Eaten's name Messages in this topic - RSS

elderfleur
elderfleur

9/7/2018
Trying to send a second Betrayal Request while the first is outstanding yields a slightly jarring error message:

If the Betrayal Request has not been accepted or declined, it can be withdrawn for free. Each request takes 7 Actions though, which would be "wasted", in as much as anything is "wasted" on the Seeking Road.

--
—Elderfleur
+1 link
Henricus
Henricus

9/9/2018
elderfleur wrote:
Trying to send a second Betrayal Request while the first is outstanding yields a slightly jarring error message:

If the Betrayal Request has not been accepted or declined, it can be withdrawn for free. Each request takes 7 Actions though, which would be &quotwasted&quot, in as much as anything is &quotwasted&quot on the Seeking Road.

Literally everything is wasted. It will bring you no benefit.
+2 link
GuesssWho
GuesssWho

9/10/2018
But that's the fun of it! Well, that and getting to help Mr. Eaten.

--
DO you recall how the Hunger began?
I'm sorry, my darling, I don't think I can!
FROM past the High Wilderness and beyond
I think I'll go Seeking, for of Him I'm fond.
--The Elfin Cannibal

Bohemian. Revolutionary. Fond of Rubbery Men. Carefully friendly towards He In The Well.
+1 link
Waterpls
Waterpls

9/14/2018
My servant has gone NORTH.
A Question - What is due?
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/MyMessenger

Could someone PM me the other two endings, please?

--
Long grinds: Cider 120/160; Correspondence 21/21; Paramount 4/4.
+1 link
al2o3cr
al2o3cr

9/24/2018
BTW, Mr Eaten's Twitter account has accelerated posting quite a bit in the last couple hours:

• https://twitter.com/mr_eaten
  • +1 link
    Bitty
    Bitty

9/24/2018
    al2o3cr wrote:
    BTW, Mr Eaten's Twitter account has accelerated posting quite a bit in the last couple hours:

• https://twitter.com/mr_eaten

• Teasing something for Skies maybe? Or just company boredom?

--
    Main, Heathen(Nemesis)
    Aten(Seeker)
    Sook(Bag a Legend)

Open to all non-harmful social actions. Not into RP and will respond normally.
    0 link
    Tyrconnell
    Tyrconnell

9/24/2018
    Accelerated and less obviously produced by a bot. There could be a real human at the keyboard!

--
    Tyrconnell, a gentleman and doctor of diverse interests and multifarious proclivities
    0 link
    Bitty
    Bitty

9/25/2018
    Tyrconnell wrote:
    Accelerated and less obviously produced by a bot. There could be a real human at the keyboard!

calling mr eaten a bot is a lil rude dont you think? (jkjk!)

--
    Main, Heathen(Nemesis)
    Aten(Seeker)
    Sook(Bag a Legend)

Open to all non-harmful social actions. Not into RP and will respond normally.
    0 link
    Loulou
    Loulou

9/25/2018
    God d__n it, I literally JUST came back to the Neath after a year's break after I saw Seeking through to the end, all excited to experience FL without the idea of going NORTH hovering over me all the time, and now Mr Eaten's twitter is all active and responding to people no less, and I'm so, so tempted to go NORTH a second time...

--
    Dr. Emmaline Anders, Open to most social actions, and accepting all calling cards.

Lieutenant Balzac Thibault, seldom seen in public and rarely (if ever) available for social actions.

Rest in love, Lady Ellia Stoneham, gone NORTH at last.

Open to PMs if you're looking for help with affairs 'enigmatic'.
    +1 link
    Arcengal
    Arcengal

9/25/2018
    ....I just realised.

Knave of Regrets
    Knight of Feasts
    Queen of Inks
    ***King of Ways***

Dammit.

--
    https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Arcengal
    +1 link
    Winthropx
    Winthropx

8 days ago
    I have a question about weeping scars.
    [spoiler] Does the option to remove them in flute street only show up if you aren't currently seeking the name? If not, where does it show up? [/spoiler]

--
    Bishop Winthrop, a kind-hearted soul
    A Paramount Presence
    I accept all social actions except Investigating the Affluent Photographer
    0 link
    Arcengal
    Arcengal

8 days ago
    Winthropx wrote:
    I have a question about weeping scars.
    [spoiler] Does the option to remove them in flute street only show up if you aren't currently seeking the name? If not, where does it show up? [/spoiler]

It only shows up if you don't have the Seeking Mr Eaten's Name quality.
    edited by Arcengal on 11/8/2018
    edited by Arcengal on 11/8/2018

--
    https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Arcengal
    +1 link
    Jamilah S. Wolf
    Jamilah S. Wolf

8 days ago
    Would one recommend maxing stats before pursuing the name?

--

Jamilah
    , a most fascinating Lady of the Neath who finds herself mingling with Society and aligning with Criminals. This Licentiate Extraordinaire would love to align with the Masters, given the chance. A Shattering Force.
    Huarwar Ceiswyr, a Welshman and detective lured to the Neath to Seek. The toll it has taken does not hide itself, nor does he bother to.

Open to all actions, delicious friends. PM for hints Enigmatic.

She wishes for nothing more than to be close to the Masters, for who else can unlock the Mysteries of the Neath?
    0 link
    Isaac Gates
    Isaac Gates

8 days ago
    I had the same thought and the short answer is no. Seeking the Name has some built in limiters that keep you from progressing too quickly so banking your stats & items beforehand is pointless, you're better off starting as soon as possible.

--
    "What claim has your piety on my deference?"

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Isaac%20Gates
    0 link
    Azothi
    Azothi

8 days ago
    Jamilah S. Wolf wrote:
    It is by no means necessary. To accelerate Seeking, the main thing needed is absurd quantities of Appalling Secrets, Mourning Candles, and Searing Enigmas. There is around a 20-week incubation period from the start of Seeking to the point where it becomes to dominate gameplay, and that's plenty of time to gather everything you need to finish Seeking.

There are a few advantages that high stats offer that can make Seeking easier, though; unlocking Bats and Cats in the Flit and high enough stats for Pygmalion in Mahogany Hall are effective for managing Unaccountably Peckish, for instance. However, this is primarily for characters who have already reached this point; it's still better to begin as soon as possible.

--
    Azoth I - Midnighter - Paramount Presence
    Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
    0 link
    hwoosh
    hwoosh

7 days ago
    BTW, this is a little late, but a note to all the people getting excited by the activity on the Mr Eaten twitter account, a few posts upthread: It's *probably* to do with the Cultist Simulator enigma, and not so much the SMEN storyline.

--
    Persona: hwoosh
    R Fellow Oswho. Don't ask what the "R." stands for. The poor fellow is sensitive about it. And violent.
    Most social requests gladly and promptly answered.
    +2 link
    Vega
    Vega

7 days ago
    Jamilah S. Wolf wrote:

I suggest raising Watchful as high as you can, and if you aren't at the base cap, have inventory modifiers on hand, as you'll need it as Seeking progresses.

[spoiler]You need Watchful 200 to progress on Winking Isle. The other stats don't matter.[/spoiler]
    edited by Vega on 11/8/2018

--
    The Shifty Spectre and The Jaunty Mystic.
    Accepting all Acquaintances, social interactions and opportunities for casual in-game roleplay.
    0 link
    Jamilah S. Wolf
    Jamilah S. Wolf

7 days ago
    Thanks to all who answered. I've been neglecting my alt so I will take a small break from answering the call of hunger to upping my Watchful. There are other avenues I'd like to complete anyhow.

--

Jamilah
    , a most fascinating Lady of the Neath who finds herself mingling with Society and aligning with Criminals. This Licentiate Extraordinaire would love to align with the Masters, given the chance. A Shattering Force.
    Huarwar Ceiswyr, a Welshman and detective lured to the Neath to Seek. The toll it has taken does not hide itself, nor does he bother to.

Open to all actions, delicious friends. PM for hints Enigmatic.

She wishes for nothing more than to be close to the Masters, for who else can unlock the Mysteries of the Neath?
    0 link