Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

Fellow Scholars to Correspond With Messages in this topic - RSS

Siankan
Siankan

3/6/2017
I'm about back in port, and I think Mr. Drake steamed in just ahead of me. Did you get all the notes you needed? Or should I keep your name in mind when I make my next trip to Polythreme?

This has been a profitable Zee voyage for me in many ways. However, I have learned a lesson in bats: for a serious chiropteroepistolic academic, fifty bat is not enough.

[Note, for readers new to bat correspondence: It takes 10 bats to send out notes to a fellow scholar. Only a variable portion of bats will return to you, and those only when the person you've sent to accepts your offer. As a safe estimate, I would guess you send about 3 times with 20 bats. This is probably enough if you're just making a quick trip to Bullbone Island. If you're steaming all over the Southern Archipelago, I suggest 50. If you intend to make longer journeys, and especially if you're bouncing from port to port like a Zee-monster infested game of pinball, I might bring along 100 (which is what I'm intending to do myself from now on.) This is, of course, assuming that you want to make the maximum number of exchanges. Dabblers can get away with 20 bats or fewer, and for those just aiming for a certain quantity of notes, calculate at 10 notes per type per exchange (or, based on my estimate above, 30 notes per type for 20 bats).]

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
0 link
Siankan
Siankan

3/6/2017
suinicide wrote:
A Thanks to the people who sent me invites! I have enough notes now, and will be using them, so sadly I will not be available for any more corresponding.

Congratulations! It looks like we were writing at the same time... smile
edited by Siankan on 3/6/2017

--
0 link
Aberrant Eremite
Aberrant Eremite

3/6/2017
I must have done, Mr. Kan. I have now completed my Bifurcated Owl - not so much because I wanted one as because I could. Of course, now I have to go back and recreate all my beasts from the Labyrinth of Tigers! I don't mind the hazardous Zee-voyage to get the Plated Seal, but I'm not looking forward to getting exiled to the Tomb-Colonies again.

I think I got 5 exchanges out of 40 bats, with 6 left over when I made landfall.

--
Hieronymus Drake: Gentleman scholar, big-game hunter, scar-faced aristocrat. Remarkably sane, all things considered.
Tanith Wyrmwood: Bohemian socialite and scandalous author. Still talks like a newly arrived Longshanks, only now she has better clothes.
0 link
Siankan
Siankan

3/6/2017
bjharts wrote:
I think I got 5 exchanges out of 40 bats, with 6 left over when I made landfall.

My last voyage (to Grunting Fen, Polythreme, Grunting Fen again, and home) I got 8 or 9 exchanges out of 50 bats, with 8 left over. I had to pass up several opportunities for lack of bats. However, I also had one correspondent who did not accept the exchange; had he done so, I probably could have gotten another exchange out of the deal.

--
0 link
Cryptix23
Cryptix23

3/11/2017
23 is currently in Port Carnelian, but is always eager to share knowledge and insights with learned folk, if anyone would like to add her to their contacts.

--
Prone to occasionally disappear for weeks at a time.

Lady 23; the Magnanimous Midnighter, self-styled detective vigilante. Extraordinary Mind. Loves boxed cats.
The Aluminum Eagle; grumpy bandaged hobgoblin with entirely too many dogs. Shattering Force.
Threnody Lament; charmingly ruthless. No suspicious loitering.
Carrion Crow; Seeker of the Name. Cares little for safety or sanity.

All characters accepting calling cards and social actions except as noted. Follow their adventures here
0 link
Aberrant Eremite
Aberrant Eremite

3/11/2017
I have added you. I will be back to Zee some time in the next few days. I owe Snow a few dispatches.

Cryptix23 wrote:
23 is currently in Port Carnelian, but is always eager to share knowledge and insights with learned folk, if anyone would like to add her to their contacts.

--
Hieronymus Drake: Gentleman scholar, big-game hunter, scar-faced aristocrat. Remarkably sane, all things considered.
Tanith Wyrmwood: Bohemian socialite and scandalous author. Still talks like a newly arrived Longshanks, only now she has better clothes.
+1 link
Cryptix23
Cryptix23

3/12/2017
Vunderbar! Unfortunately I am at this moment one (1) page short of being able to correspond properly, but a quick jaunt will fix that and I shall be available once again.

bjharts wrote:
I have added you. I will be back to Zee some time in the next few days. I owe Snow a few dispatches.

--

Lady 23; the Magnanimous Midnighter, self-styled detective vigilante. Extraordinary Mind. Loves boxed cats.
The Aluminum Eagle; grumpy bandaged hobgoblin with entirely too many dogs. Shattering Force.

All characters accepting calling cards and social actions except as noted. Follow their adventures here
0 link
Siankan
Siankan

3/14/2017
I know this has come up before, and I haven't seen anyone give an answer. Therefore, in case you were wondering: Yes, you can receive and accept correspondence requests outside London and the Zee. I've received and accepted bat-mail in Polythreme today.

--
+1 link
Nicole Charade
Nicole Charade

3/14/2017
I've managed to get four exchanges out of 25 bats (I was pretty lucky with the number that returned to me). Sorry about spamming you with requests, Mr Kan!

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/NicoleSPACESYMBOLCharade
0 link
Siankan
Siankan

3/14/2017
Nicole Charade wrote:
I've managed to get four exchanges out of 25 bats (I was pretty lucky with the number that returned to me). Sorry about spamming you with requests, Mr Kan!

An excellent return for twenty-five bats! You were lucky indeed! And I always welcome correspondence from scholars of your caliber; no need at all to apologize. Once I finish my business in Polythreme, I will no doubt send you some bat-dispatches of my own.

--
0 link
Cryptix23
Cryptix23

3/19/2017
23 will be setting out later today for Mutton Island, and bringing with her a good 50 bats for corresponding. So a few of you may be inundated with messages shortly.

--

0 link
Nicole Charade
Nicole Charade

3/24/2017
I've recently set out from London with 100 bats, and I'm seeing how many I can corospond with before I run out (or if I get bored with zailing and return home.)

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/NicoleSPACESYMBOLCharade
+1 link
Tozh Taurog
Tozh Taurog

4/2/2017
I'm off on my expedition, and looking for new correspondents for scientific discovery!

--
A Correspondent. Thrilled to advance science by educating the younger generation at your Orphanage. A Marvellous player. Willing to talk about it to the press. An Extraordinary Mind but hasn't figured out the patronage just yet.
Usually up for socializing, especially with text.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/TozhTaurog
0 link
Issaries
Issaries

4/13/2017
I would be very happy to join you august scholars in the bat-born exchange of knowledge. I have sent a few snippets to the most recent contributors to this discussion.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Issaries
0 link
Felicity Anne Stratford
Felicity Anne Stratford

4/13/2017
Felicity Anne Stratford would be quite pleased to exchange notes and observations via messenger. She is not at zee at the moment, but will happily remember her scientific pen pals when opportunity next arises.

--
Main:
Note: I am currently busy with real life, so a little slower to respond. Please be patient!

Felicity Anne Stratford is a Correspondent and delighted to visit Orphanages or be interviewed! Scientific correspondence greatly appreciated. Please no Loitering, Seeking or Photographer.

Alt: Simone Beaufort is a Midnighter and pleased to visit Orphanages or be interviewed! No Loitering, Seeking or Photographer.
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

4/14/2017
cathyr19355 is willing to correspond with fellow scholars so long as her bat supply holds out.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond
0 link
Parelle
Parelle

4/18/2017
I'm at zee with 265 bags! Expect a slew of correspondence coming in smile

--
Parelle, Lady Joseph Marlen. The Singular Librarian. Midnighter of The Shrine of Saint Joshua, a Player of the Marvelous. Campaigner for Implacable Detective.
pages from a dusty bookshop: a badly updated FL changelog | Useful Guidance and Explanations
0 link
Aberrant Eremite
Aberrant Eremite

4/18/2017
Hieronymus Drake can receive correspondence now, and will be back to Zee in a few days.

--
0 link
Jamilah Sauvage G. Wolf
Jamilah Sauvage G. Wolf

5/4/2017
I've always a colony of bats on me at all times and would love to exchange research with whomever. Not currently at zee, but I'm pining to leave shore soon and will gladly return the favor when I do.
edited by jamilah on 5/4/2017

--

Jamilah
, a most fascinating Lady of the Neath who finds herself mingling with Society and aligning with Criminals. This Licentiate Extraordinaire would love to align with the Masters, given the chance.
Huarwar Ceiswyr, a Welshman and detective born to Seek. He can be a bit skittish, but never turns down a chocolate.

Open to most actions. Send me a calling card introducing yourself & your interests, or an invitation of some sort and we'll become delicious friends. Notability successfully spent on Shattering Force. Thanks everyone!

She wishes for nothing more than to be close to the Masters, for who else can unlock the Mysteries of the Neath?
0 link
Sam Stephens
Sam Stephens

5/4/2017
I'm happy to correspond with fellow scholars! My name in Fallen London is the same as on these forums, and my home page can be found below. I haven't been to zee in a while, but I'm sure that there's discovery - and profit - to be made. Perhaps I should take the old clipper out for a spin!

--
Hello, delicious friends! I can be found here: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sam%20Stephens

I'm open to all non-menacing social actions. I particularly enjoy a good mystery. I'm also a Corespondent who can teach at your Orphanage.
0 link