Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Cider Club Messages in this topic - RSS

Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)
Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)
Posts: 1356

3/24/2017
Hey, I still get the occasional request for Cider; can you update my listing to say "an_ocelot (character CANNOT send sips)" or something like that? Thanks!

--
DO NOT send requests for Parabolan Kittens; my Panther needs a break.

Social Actions: send them to Kade Carrion (she/her; no Tournament of Lilies, please). an_ocelot has gone NORTH and cannot benefit from social actions!

Possibly-Useful Things: Spreadsheets and hints and link collections, oh my.
+2 link
An Individual
An Individual
Posts: 576

3/24/2017
AND SO SHALL I NEVER DIE!

At long last, I have finally purchased my Cider. That only took about 2 years. To celebrate I gazed into Heart's Mirror and laughed as the boatman scurried away. For those of you who like numbers, I did some data entry before emptying my house of valuables so you can find the full recipe here.

So much grinding. So many things. I'd like to petition that this thread be renamed to "Cider Club: Why own things when you can own thing?"

--
An Individual's Profile
The RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away.
Goat Farming or Cider Brewing? This browser extension may help.
Want a Cider sip? Please refer to this guide before requesting.
Scholaring the Correspondence? A Brief Guide to Courier's Footprint.
Contemplating Oblivion? First Steps on the Seeking Road.
Gone NORTH? Opened the gate? Throw your character in a well.
+7 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead
Posts: 516

3/24/2017
Congratulations! Judging by your spreadsheet, a lot of fidgeting writer and soul trade?

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is on the slow boat, waiting to see if he can find out what death is. (I'm done with London for now. Thanks for everything!)
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
+1 link
An Individual
An Individual
Posts: 576

3/24/2017
Pumpkinhead wrote:
Congratulations! Judging by your spreadsheet, a lot of fidgeting writer and soul trade?



Pretty much. There might have been more efficient approaches but it's easy to sink a lot of actions into those very quickly.

--
An Individual's Profile
The RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away.
Goat Farming or Cider Brewing? This browser extension may help.
Want a Cider sip? Please refer to this guide before requesting.
Scholaring the Correspondence? A Brief Guide to Courier's Footprint.
Contemplating Oblivion? First Steps on the Seeking Road.
Gone NORTH? Opened the gate? Throw your character in a well.
+2 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman
Posts: 1066

3/24/2017
An Individual wrote:
AND SO SHALL I NEVER DIE!

At long last, I have finally purchased my Cider. That only took about 2 years. To celebrate I gazed into Heart's Mirror and laughed as the boatman scurried away. For those of you who like numbers, I did some data entry before emptying my house of valuables so you can find the full recipe here.

So much grinding. So many things. I'd like to petition that this thread be renamed to "Cider Club: Why own things when you can own thing?"


Uhuuuu! Big congratulations, mate! Now, I shall wait for a lovely action ingame and I hope I won't forget to send you a request just to take a sip of immortality until I'll get one for myself! Big Grin Big Grin

Well done, well done!

--
Skinnyman is accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats (hunger!) and boxed cats. *Sorry, Duchess!*
No Dante, no suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Updated achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+1 link
Optimatum
Optimatum
Posts: 2778

3/24/2017
An Individual wrote:
Pumpkinhead wrote:
Congratulations! Judging by your spreadsheet, a lot of fidgeting writer and soul trade?



Pretty much. There might have been more efficient approaches but it's easy to sink a lot of actions into those very quickly.

I'm pretty sure the Soul Trade is the most efficient (non-card) method available. It's somewhere near 1.8 EPA.

(And that near-1.8 EPA will be bringing me to immortality myself, soon enough. It would be a couple of months sooner but I'm not selling all my gear for this.)

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles or Affluent Photographer requests; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+1 link
An Individual
An Individual
Posts: 576

3/24/2017
Optimatum wrote:
(And that near-1.8 EPA will be bringing me to immortality myself, soon enough. It would be a couple of months sooner but I'm not selling all my gear for this.)


I thought I'd be saving my gear to. I thought I'd be saving a bunch of stuff. But the closer I got the more I just wanted it to be over. I actually lit 2 Rats of Glory in the home stretch, despite the risk to my 4 Seeking Candles, just to get there a couple days early.

To be honest, I'm actually kind of enjoying not having all my optimized gear. It's nice to have a collection of short term goals again. And also to have an excuse to wear this crab mitten that is my only remaining glove. Snip-snap!

--
An Individual's Profile
The RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away.
Goat Farming or Cider Brewing? This browser extension may help.
Want a Cider sip? Please refer to this guide before requesting.
Scholaring the Correspondence? A Brief Guide to Courier's Footprint.
Contemplating Oblivion? First Steps on the Seeking Road.
Gone NORTH? Opened the gate? Throw your character in a well.
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman
Posts: 1066

3/24/2017
An Individual wrote:

To be honest, I'm actually kind of enjoying not having all my optimized gear. It's nice to have a collection of short term goals again. And also to have an excuse to wear this crab mitten that is my only remaining glove. Snip-snap!

I really wonder how you handle that waxwail knife! Big Grin

--
Skinnyman is accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats (hunger!) and boxed cats. *Sorry, Duchess!*
No Dante, no suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Updated achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+1 link
Kharsirr Lynx
Kharsirr Lynx
Posts: 162

4/19/2017
Add me to this club please.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kharsirr%20Lynx

That was a ride indeed, and twice I crossed heavy losses by Heists, around 20k echoes lost total. But still, here I am.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kharsirr%20Lynx
+6 link
An Individual
An Individual
Posts: 576

4/20/2017
Kharsirr Lynx wrote:
Add me to this club please.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kharsirr%20Lynx

That was a ride indeed, and twice I crossed heavy losses by Heists, around 20k echoes lost total. But still, here I am.


Welcome to the club! That sounds like an interesting road indeed. Heists weren't part of my grind. I didn't realize they could be so dangerous.

--
An Individual's Profile
The RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away.
Goat Farming or Cider Brewing? This browser extension may help.
Want a Cider sip? Please refer to this guide before requesting.
Scholaring the Correspondence? A Brief Guide to Courier's Footprint.
Contemplating Oblivion? First Steps on the Seeking Road.
Gone NORTH? Opened the gate? Throw your character in a well.
+1 link
Optimatum
Optimatum
Posts: 2778

4/21/2017
Failing a heist causes an instant trip to jail iirc, so after enough times it fines 10%? of your current echoes and certain other items.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles or Affluent Photographer requests; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+1 link
Kharsirr Lynx
Kharsirr Lynx
Posts: 162

4/21/2017
There are three factors of success.
Call in Favours in the Flit, trading with Revolutionaries. Counting in Red Pin usage to raise connection immediately after that still gives awesome EPA.

Then there is (was smile ) Ubergoat, One stone in a thousand (pretty good for spirifier due to soul exchange), and that one card with trading Favour: Criminals to Prisoner's Honey.

Heists may be not ideal in itselves, but they could be optimised while still giving nice random to not bore the head out. Also there is interesting behaviour about opportunity deck refreshment, so I upgraded almost all currently available Renowns to 40, while farming.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kharsirr%20Lynx
+1 link
Waterpls
Waterpls
Posts: 163

4/21/2017
Kharsirr Lynx wrote:
.
Call in Favours in the Flit, trading with Revolutionaries. Counting in Red Pin usage to raise connection immediately after that still gives awesome EPA.

Is it better than "A strange sort of prank" ?


Lets calculate.
600 Rev = 8xWear the pin (minus 12 Echo for 24 Actions)
600 Rev. = 5xTrade favours (plus 144 Echo for 5 Actions)
(144 - 12) / (24 + 5) = 4.55 EpA


Hmm, its really good. I wonder how often you can draw it with optimised deck. And whisper-satin is a problem.
edited by Waterpls on 4/21/2017
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman
Posts: 1066

4/21/2017
Waterpls wrote:
Kharsirr Lynx wrote:
.
Call in Favours in the Flit, trading with Revolutionaries. Counting in Red Pin usage to raise connection immediately after that still gives awesome EPA.

Is it better than "A strange sort of prank" ?

You don't even need an optimized deck to see the E slowly, but steady, increasing!
If you're a completionist or pursue other goals, have a read here about money making with a Shepherd; those numbers will be boosted as soon as Hell gets converted.

--
Skinnyman is accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats (hunger!) and boxed cats. *Sorry, Duchess!*
No Dante, no suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Updated achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+2 link
Waterpls
Waterpls
Posts: 163

4/21/2017
Skinnyman wrote:

You don't even need an optimized deck to see the E slowly, but steady, increasing!
If you're a completionist or pursue other goals, have a read here about money making with a Shepherd; those numbers will be boosted as soon as Hell gets converted.

Sadly I'm the spirifier already. But thread is quite interesting, thank you.
edited by Waterpls on 4/21/2017
+1 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond
Posts: 1794

5/8/2017
I have a question for Nigel or anyone on this thread who might know: When did the first person to gain Hesperidean Cider do so? (I probably saw the list at an early enough stage to figure that out but I no longer recall, unfortunately).

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
+1 link
An Individual
An Individual
Posts: 576

5/8/2017
Catherine Raymond wrote:
I have a question for Nigel or anyone on this thread who might know: When did the first person to gain Hesperidean Cider do so? (I probably saw the list at an early enough stage to figure that out but I no longer recall, unfortunately).


I could be wrong here but I think it was Nitebrite who got it by wining the first charity auction it was featured in.

--
An Individual's Profile
The RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away.
Goat Farming or Cider Brewing? This browser extension may help.
Want a Cider sip? Please refer to this guide before requesting.
Scholaring the Correspondence? A Brief Guide to Courier's Footprint.
Contemplating Oblivion? First Steps on the Seeking Road.
Gone NORTH? Opened the gate? Throw your character in a well.
+1 link
dov
dov
Posts: 2151

5/8/2017
An Individual wrote:
I could be wrong here but I think it was Nitebrite who got it by wining the first charity auction it was featured in.


The first Cider was won by someone via the Silver Tree kickstarter (for pledging $500).

NiteBrite was second, in the 2014 con-or-bust auction (for $1600).
The auction page even explicitly teases this: "only one person has a bottle", "Be the talk of the Fifth City. Be only the second Hesperidean".

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+3 link
Drake Dynamo
Drake Dynamo
Posts: 453

5/8/2017
Alexander Feld was the original cider holder, if I recall correctly.
edited by Drake Dynamo on 5/8/2017

--
Oh no. Another post from that goon who goes on about statistics.

Drake Dynamo -Correspondent, Hesperidean Cider Drinker , Matchmaker, and Paramount Presence
The Antioch - The Coffee God (I do not check this account often)
Mr. Mauvais - A ghostly skullduggerous fellow, chopped up for the time being (Only active during seasonal events)

Guide to becoming a Poet-Laureate
If you need to discuss RP matters, I can typically be found on the IRC in #Argo.
+1 link
dov
dov
Posts: 2151

5/8/2017
The mysterious Silver Tree Kickstarter benefactor was the first (that was in September 2012).

According to Alexander Feld, he was the second and got his Cider shortly after the Mr Eaten Calling card incident (which itself happened in December 2013).

NiteBrite won the Con-or-Bust Cider auction in February 2014.

Ned Emmons apparently got his Cider on April 2014 (or at least that's when Nigel has announced it).

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 link




Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.0.2.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software