Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Cider Club Messages in this topic - RSS

Nigel Overstreet
Nigel Overstreet

7/25/2017
I've only noted 28 Cider holders, but I'm sure there are more I don't know about. Not everyone uses the forum.
I found one on Tumblr on accident.

--
The Romantic Egotist: Most Hedonistic Man in All of Fallen London
Are you or someone you know Overgoated? Please, let me know!

Cider Club
0 link
Siankan
Siankan

7/26/2017
Nigel Overstreet wrote:
I've only noted 28 Cider holders, but I'm sure there are more I don't know about. Not everyone uses the forum.
I found one on Tumblr on accident.

No doubt there are. However, the point still holds; if anything, Cider owners (which all but presumes long-term, invested players) are likely over-represented among forum users.

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
+1 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

7/26/2017
Kylestien wrote:
Wow, so many new Cider owners... and yet I feel as though I will never get there. DX

Prehaps we need a new bigger goal now it seems to be becoming a bit more main stream?

New ridiculous goal: feed Cider to seven Heptagoats and try to combine them into a Nonquadragoat. Almost certainly a colossal waste of time, but then again, you never know.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles or Affluent Photographer requests; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+2 link
Teaspoon
Teaspoon

7/26/2017
I propose a simpler goal: two Ciders.

Because if combining goats does things, maybe mixing your drinks will too!

--
Truth lies at the bottom of a well.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Alt%20Ern
+4 link
Myke Harryson
Myke Harryson

8/17/2017
As for next level goals after getting Cider, I've been working on what I call the Trifecta of Hard to Gather Items - Cider, Heptagoat, and the Seven-fold Knock. Each grind takes about 1-3 years from what I can tell.

--
Gained immortality on a throne of nevercold brass

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Apollo~Fireweaver
50,000 souls - 12/31/14
3,000,000 souls 10/25/16 - 100% of goal
Connection to Hell: 15
22 souls, Connection to Hell 611, 10,000,000 brass - 1/16/17

Available for Children's Parties (Midnighter)
+1 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

8/21/2017
If you devote all your time to it, the Knock would only take a month or two at most. (At least if you're doing it on an existing account so don't have to grind Watchful to 200 or get a boat or deal with other requirements.)

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles or Affluent Photographer requests; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

0 link
Aniline
Aniline

8/21/2017
Optimatum wrote:
If you devote all your time to it, the Knock would only take a month or two at most. (At least if you're doing it on an existing account so don't have to grind Watchful to 200 or get a boat or deal with other requirements.)

How do you get SMEN to Winking Isle levels this fast?

--
Melantha Prescott. Extraordinary Mind, EF, A: Heart's Desire, Correspondent, tripping on purple.

"3% failure chances crop up nine times out of ten."
0 link
dov
dov

8/21/2017
Aniline wrote:
Optimatum wrote:

How do you get SMEN to Winking Isle levels this fast?

I assume that since Optimatum specified no need to "deal with other requirements" that the assumption is you have enough resources to burn Appalling Secrets all the way to SMEN 21. (actually, you'll only need to get this way to SMEN 13 and use UP cards each week after that to meet the two month estimate).

--
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

8/22/2017
I meant more major things like having a Daughter in the Shadows or seven Enigmas for the Calling Card. Miscellaneous resources count too though, I suppose. I was basing my estimate on veteran Seekers going NORTH in under a month of the content's release (with minor Fate wheels-greasing and some delays for content to be released) and approximately doubled it.

--

0 link
An Individual
An Individual

9/9/2017
On the difficulty of obtaining the knock, with no fate (or EF membership) I've been able to take a character from creation to the gate in about 4 months. You have to be pretty aggressive and efficient in your action usage and you'll need to borrow a calling card for Winking Isle and find people to betray for that first candle, but it's easily done in under a year if you really dedicate yourself to it.

--
An Individual's Profile
The RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away.
Goat Farming or Cider Brewing? This browser extension may help.
Want a Cider sip? Please refer to this guide before requesting.
Scholaring the Correspondence? A Brief Guide to Courier's Footprint.
Contemplating Oblivion? First Steps on the Seeking Road.
Gone NORTH? Opened the gate? Throw your character in a well.
0 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

9/9/2017
I started with a new account, spent no fate, had appalling luck with appalling secrets, betrayed only two people for Arthur, took the notability path for Destin's, and still managed to do it in about five months. I think seeking itself only took 2-3 months; the rest of it was just getting the character useful.
edited by Pumpkinhead on 9/9/2017

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is on the slow boat, waiting to see if he can find out what death is. (I'm done with London for now. Thanks for everything!)
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

9/19/2017

AT LAST.

Well not really, since I won't actually buy the Cider for about a month. I have Science to do first.

--

+10 link
Waterpls
Waterpls

9/25/2017
Optimatum, my congratulations!

>>>and find people to betray for that first candle

With access codes (9 cups of coffee) it takes less than a hour to create new account and raise watchful to 30.

Hardest part for rich character is requirements for Winking Isle. You lose huge amounts of useful materials and echos on conversion.
edited by Waterpls on 9/25/2017
+1 link
Yves Devereux
Yves Devereux

10/3/2017
As of several minutes ago I have ascended.
edited by Yves Devereux on 10/3/2017

--
Profile - Yves Devereux
+4 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

10/4/2017
Yves Devereux wrote:
As of several minutes ago I have ascended.
edited by Yves Devereux on 10/3/2017

My congratulations, delicious! Seems that this Club is getting bigger and bigger with the years; waiting to get bigger in a few days!

--
Skinnyman is accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats (hunger!) and boxed cats. *Sorry, Duchess!*
No Dante, no suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Updated achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

24 days ago
SO SHALL HE NEVER DIE.

--

+4 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

24 days ago
Optimatum wrote:
SO SHALL HE NEVER DIE.

Lovely timing with the Hallowmass, mate! Big congratulations and time to start flipping shitloads of cards, ey? Big Grin

--
Skinnyman is accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats (hunger!) and boxed cats. *Sorry, Duchess!*
No Dante, no suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Updated achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+1 link