Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

CHRISTMAS IN THE NEATH: A GUIDE Messages in this topic - RSS

Jason5237
Jason5237

12/31/2018
Optimatum wrote:
Only the final option is needed to complete the story, but for the non-Rubbery 12 fate factions, the optional choice gives +7 ToL. I'm not sure if the 8 fate ones give anything useful; the optional choice for the Rubbery friend is mechanically irrelevant though nice in flavor.

Thanks so much; exactly what I needed to know.

Cheers

--
H.G.R.: Adventuer, Explorer, Paramount Londoner https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/User766505
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

12/31/2018
Here's a guide about the 12 Days. It has information about each day's ToL, Master connection and investigating option.

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+1 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

1/5/2019
It was helpfully pointed out to me that finishing the 12-Fate Investigating Lacre with Zailors story at Penstock's Wicket grants 3 Docks Favours.

Now the Duchess, Widow and Benthic were never converted to the Favours/Renown system, so they're not a problem. But what about the Rubbery Men, Revolutionaries and Urchins stories? Do they hand out Favours at any point?
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 1/5/2019

--
Old hand, still occasionally playing.
+1 link
Jason5237
Jason5237

1/5/2019
Rupho - I just completed the Rubbery story; no favors.

J-

--
H.G.R.: Adventuer, Explorer, Paramount Londoner https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/User766505
+1 link
BetterBeMeta
BetterBeMeta

1/6/2019
I'm currently at 6 Putting the Pieces Together: the Taste of Lacre, and a lot of the options for gain lock there. What's the best way to get up to 7 from there, or do I need to turn in one CP of it and hope the next pail I get gives me more than 2 CPs? I don't currently have any more pails-- I'm trying to upgrade one of my 4 card residences.
0 link
Azothi
Azothi

1/6/2019
BetterBeMeta wrote:
I'm currently at 6 Putting the Pieces Together: the Taste of Lacre, and a lot of the options for gain lock there. What's the best way to get up to 7 from there, or do I need to turn in one CP of it and hope the next pail I get gives me more than 2 CPs? I don't currently have any more pails-- I'm trying to upgrade one of my 4 card residences.
There are a few factors here to consider.
  • Have you finished the Twelve Days of Mr. Sacks yet?
  • How high is your Scholar of the Correspondence?
  • Do you own a Dreadful Surmise?
  • Do you own a Semiotic Monocle?
  • Do you own any Vials of the Tears of the Bazaar?

Assuming you've already unlocked Penstock's Wicket, your ideal movement is to raise your Scholar of the Correspondence level to 10 if you haven't already, spend one point ("Take the air" is likely the best option), and then examine a pail of lacre with your Semiotic Monocle, which will raise your Taste of Lacre by 3. This brings it to 8, which is enough for upgrading either the Royal Bethlehem or Brass Embassy lodgings.

--
Azoth I, the Amaranthine Wanderer - Midnighter - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
Are you seeking a taste of the Cider? Send me a request in-game. Read an_ocelot's guide to find out how.
0 link
Arcengal
Arcengal

1/7/2019
But what about the Rubbery Men, Revolutionaries and Urchins stories? Do they hand out Favours at any point?
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 1/5/2019

Urchins gives 3 favours.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Arcengal
+1 link
Jason5237
Jason5237

1/7/2019
On the fate-locked “Investigating with the Revolutionaries” option, do you lose any “Connected: The Masters”?

If so, how much?

J-

--
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

1/7/2019
Pretty sure you don't lose any.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Will trade Feast gifts for Cider! Or, you know, for Feast gifts. Just specify which you want.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Shard Of God
Shard Of God

1/10/2019
I have found myself in a bit of a bind. I need ToL 9 for the 5 card Bazaar lodging. I currently have ToL 8 and two pails of snow. I have the Semiotic Monocle and SotC 9 but no Vials of the Tears and no Dreadful Surmise. Is there any possible way I can get myself to 9?
+1 link
PSGarak
PSGarak

1/11/2019
Shard Of God wrote:
I have found myself in a bit of a bind. I need ToL 9 for the 5 card Bazaar lodging. I currently have ToL 8 and two pails of snow. I have the Semiotic Monocle and SotC 9 but no Vials of the Tears and no Dreadful Surmise. Is there any possible way I can get myself to 9?

I think your best bet is to obtain a vial of Tears of the Bazaar. You probably have around three weeks before the Wicket closes, certainly at least two. That's realistically achievable.

There are a couple of options for obtaining Tears, including spending ToL in the Nadir, which is counter-intuitive in your situation but I think actually guaranteed to work. If you spend 7 ToL for the Tears and then use two Pails, you will be at ToL 7. Even in the worst-case where the Tears go poof on the first use, they give 2 ToL when they do which puts you at 9 exactly. If the Tears last longer you either end up with ToL to spare or actually get to keep your vial.

If you don't have access to the Nadir, I think it's still doable. You will need 7 bottles of Airag and the Presumptuous Little Opportunity card. Other players may have better suggestions, but personally I would slam Shrine of Deep Blue Heaven expeditions, which has two results that give Airag. You can also use Presumptuous Little Opportunity to gain Airag but you may want to save that card in hand instead, it's less than Standard frequency.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
+4 link
Jason5237
Jason5237

1/11/2019
Optimatum wrote:
Pretty sure you don't lose any.

Thank you.

=)

--
0 link
Shard Of God
Shard Of God

1/11/2019
PSGarak wrote:
I think your best bet is to obtain a vial of Tears of the Bazaar. You probably have around three weeks before the Wicket closes, certainly at least two. That's realistically achievable.

There are a couple of options for obtaining Tears, including spending ToL in the Nadir, which is counter-intuitive in your situation but I think actually guaranteed to work. If you spend 7 ToL for the Tears and then use two Pails, you will be at ToL 7. Even in the worst-case where the Tears go poof on the first use, they give 2 ToL when they do which puts you at 9 exactly. If the Tears last longer you either end up with ToL to spare or actually get to keep your vial.

If you don't have access to the Nadir, I think it's still doable. You will need 7 bottles of Airag and the Presumptuous Little Opportunity card. Other players may have better suggestions, but personally I would slam Shrine of Deep Blue Heaven expeditions, which has two results that give Airag. You can also use Presumptuous Little Opportunity to gain Airag but you may want to save that card in hand instead, it's less than Standard frequency.

Thank you for such a comprehensive answer! This is very helpful.
+1 link
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick

1/13/2019
Cool! Has anyone received all of the lodgings from the Wicket? Such a thing would require a total of 33 ToL, so definitely possible.

--
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick-A Legendary Charisma. Also shrouded, terrible, and focused.
Ambition: Light Fingers!
(TtH: ~6 PM Central Standard Time Mondays)

Mr Netae- SEEKING MR EATEN'S NAME

~
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick/Liam Moulton
A Self-Proclaimed Scholar of the Avid Horizon.
My first two studies involving the madness: "Candles at Christmas" and "One Need Not Go North".

Founder of the Grandmaster Club.

Always up for RP.
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

1/13/2019
Plenty of people have. I've done it twice myself; it's very easy when done over multiple years.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Will trade Feast gifts for Cider! Or, you know, for Feast gifts. Just specify which you want.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

1/13/2019
All right. On a total whim, I got myself a Noman. I only have 4 buckets of lacre. I guess there is no way to let the lovely ice golem live till the Feast, right?

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
elderfleur
elderfleur

1/14/2019
Jolanda Swan wrote:
All right. On a total whim, I got myself a Noman. I only have 4 buckets of lacre. I guess there is no way to let the lovely ice golem live till the Feast, right?
You could manage it if you're willing to drench it in Bazaar-Tears. My rough calculation puts the cost at 12-20 Vials on top of the 4 buckets, although there's a few levels of RNG involved at that point (and the assumption that last year's Melt Rate will hold for this year).

--
—Elderfleur
0 link
NinjaComedian
NinjaComedian

1/14/2019
I had been travelling - both in Fallen London and IRL - and completely forgot about Lacre and the Wicket until today. Checking I see I have 19 levels of ToL and 6 pails of lacre.

With ToL already so high, there’s no productive way to use those pails, is there? FYI I’m currently working on Paramount Presence so I think trips to the Nadir are off the table.
edited by NinjaComedian on 1/14/2019
0 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

1/14/2019
NinjaComedian wrote:
I had been travelling - both in Fallen London and IRL - and completely forgot about Lacre and the Wicket until today. Checking I see I have 19 levels of ToL and 6 pails of lacre.

With ToL already so high, there’s no productive way to use those pails, is there? FYI I’m currently working on Paramount Presence so I think trips to the Nadir are off the table.

you do not need to keep the stats at 215 after you obtained the qualities eg London's Blood.
You can use ToL still in the Wicket for 5 card lodgings & for 3 card remote homes.

--
Honeyaddict, Scarlet Saint, Paramount Presence
pleasure to meet you.

Has some strange ideas the Masters probably won't approve of like some items and establishing a Colony in Parabola.

I will accept most social interactions. I do enjoy role playing as well.
I will not accept the Photographer or dupes, if you dupe me I will not accept other help requests from you, at most Calligula's or keeping watch over a certain building.
0 link
Gillsing
Gillsing

1/14/2019
Depending on what one might consider "productive", there's the opportunity to use those pails to increase a Scholar of the Correspondence, or alter a pet. Or spend some ToL in the wicket and then rebuild it with the pails. One or two years ago I completely forgot to spend my ToL to get more Tears of the Bazaar. So I just stocked up on long-boxes. Silly me.
0 link