Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Reaching Scarlet Saint Messages in this topic - RSS

Mark
Mark

7/18/2015
With the recent changes in Quirks, this seems like an apropos time to discuss this. I've been aiming for Scarlet Saint since I became an Exceptional Friend, but had focused on first grinding my Contacts: Church and Contacts: Hell. I'm now regretting that decision.

What ways, if any, are still open to getting your Austere and Hedonist to 12 each? I hear Laudanum has been capped, and it now drains Austere anyway. Does the Iron Republic still work?

--
Zinaida Gorenko, the Scarlet Saint - Accepting any social action except loitering, cats, and photographer
0 link
lady ciel
lady ciel

7/18/2015
Good question. Last time I was there hedonist was capped at 10, though I didn't try the fate-locked options.

--
ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
0 link
metasynthie
metasynthie

7/18/2015
It hasn't been long enough since the most recent Quirk changes for anyone to be sure, I think. The previous ways of getting 10+ have to be tried again to make sure. That said, for Hedonist you might try the various ways of becoming Closest to the Bohemians (although those will also decrease Austere, it's possibly less of a decrease?) or, if you haven't done the University yet, sleeping with that disgusting Summerset Provost. Even more distasteful than guzzling laudanum, but he raised your Hedonist above 10 as of last week.

For Austere... the wiki seems to think there's one Iron Republic choice that still goes above 10 (Day 27) but it was last checked in February, so that may have been gone for a while. Burning a page from the Liber Visionis might work too, although it's a one-time thing. I might burn mine just to see. Losing Closest To: Bohemians might go above 10 Austere as well, and may lose slightly less Hedonist? Seems like precise #s aren't known.

I'd be really amused if the way to juggle Hedonist/Austere to above 10 involves repeatedly kissing up to and then casting off your Bohemian acquaintances, it'd be horrifically and splendidly expensive. [contemplates turning 2000 CP of Bohemians into just as much Prisoner's Honey...]

--
Positively antique
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/metasynthie
+1 link
yapperz5000
yapperz5000

7/19/2015
Are there any benefits to being a scarlet saint?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Yapperzitata~the~Jabberwocky
+1 link
Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

7/19/2015
House of Chimes entry options are mostly a matter of personal preference. Only one of them unlocks anything, and that one has a Fate requirement rather than a quality requirement.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
+2 link
Mark
Mark

7/19/2015
yapperz5000 wrote:
Are there any benefits to being a scarlet saint?

Bragging rights?

--
Zinaida Gorenko, the Scarlet Saint - Accepting any social action except loitering, cats, and photographer
+4 link
Romulus Arcana
Romulus Arcana

7/19/2015
Does one have to choose one of these options when they enter the house of chimes or can they save the decision for later?

--
Romulus Arcana
Will accept all social actions except Affluent Photographer
0 link
lady ciel
lady ciel

7/19/2015
You have to make a choice to get access to the House of Chimes Storylets but you can change it later with Fate.

If you just want to be an Exceptional Friend for the monthly story, so far, you get access to the story without having made the choice.

--
ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
+1 link
NiteBrite
NiteBrite

7/19/2015
Romulus Arcana wrote:
Does one have to choose one of these options when they enter the house of chimes or can they save the decision for later?

It used to be that if your character had the Homeless! quality (ie they had never moved into -any- lodgings) that they could access the house of chimes without making a choice, but I am unsure if that is still the case.

With regards to scarlet saint, I was in the Iron Republic back in like April, and at that time the quirks gains from the Eternal Loop method used in traditional Scarlet Saint grinding were not capped at 10. That may have changed in the last few months, but it was still working at least as late as last April for sure. http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Republic%27s_Agricultural_Growth_Manual_for_Austere_and_Hedonist_Caps
edited by NiteBrite on 7/19/2015

--
I AM currently accepting calling cards.
Stats loss counter: reset, irrigo equivalent: none
[00:34] <@ortab> NiteBrite's laugh is that of a condemned soul gazing into the abyss.
Merciless Modiste avatar by Paul Arendt (based on an original image by Joe England)
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/TheBriteModiste
+1 link
Mark
Mark

7/19/2015
I'm going to try the Iron Republic loop-de-loop. Will report back. If anyone wants to help get my wounds up to 7, it would be appreciated.

ETA: I've hit 7. Thanks for people's help!
edited by asnys on 7/19/2015

--
+1 link
metasynthie
metasynthie

7/19/2015
Sent you a couple poisonings, in case you need them.

--
Positively antique
0 link
Nigel Overstreet
Nigel Overstreet

7/19/2015
Mark wrote:
I'm going to try the Iron Republic loop-de-loop. Will report back. If anyone wants to help get my wounds up to 7, it would be appreciated.

Good luck. If you do manage to become a Scarlet Saint, know that there are only about 5 or 6 of us.
Sarah Sahara, Kaanyia, myself and the original Scarlet Saint Ms. Scarlet Attford Fenwick

There might be others, but I don't recall them. I know ZeeDee was working on it, but I don't know if they ever got there.
In any event, you'll be amongst a rare and elite company. That's its own reward.

EDIT:
And also NiteBrite.
edited by Nigel Overstreet on 12/10/2015

--
The Romantic Egotist: Most Hedonistic Man in All of Fallen London
Are you or someone you know Overgoated? Please, let me know!

Cider Club
+2 link
NiteBrite
NiteBrite

7/19/2015
I'm a scarlet saint too Nigel, if you are compiling some sort of list. I'll put it up on my mantle temporarily as proof.
[spoiler]Funny story, not that long ago, I went to send a gift of fate to a friend from the house of chimes, and misclicked the Reset your Entry option, which costs fate in and of itself, and lost my scarlet saint status temporarily. Luckily I still had the minimum quirks for it still (barely). Thank goodness for small blessings. But grinding the connections back was not fun.

Long story short, I'm never having a word with Mr Chimes again. Its too risky when you are a saint. From now on I use the lofty words card for gifts exclusively.[/spoiler]

--
[00:34] <@ortab> NiteBrite's laugh is that of a condemned soul gazing into the abyss.
Merciless Modiste avatar by Paul Arendt (based on an original image by Joe England)
+3 link
Romulus Arcana
Romulus Arcana

7/19/2015
While we're on the subject of house of chimes entries, are there any other particularly notable ones? Sorry if I'm being bothersome with my questions.

--
Romulus Arcana
Will accept all social actions except Affluent Photographer
0 link
Mark
Mark

7/19/2015
metasynthie wrote:
Sent you a couple poisonings, in case you need them.

Thanks! To Zee!

--
0 link
metasynthie
metasynthie

7/19/2015
Ah good, and I can confirm and update the wiki that the Ruthless cap from poisoning is 6 wink
edited by metasynthie on 7/19/2015

--
Positively antique
+1 link
Saharan
Saharan

7/20/2015
I actually attained Scarlet Saint recently, shortly after quirks began to become capped. I did so via a little carousel in Spite, Area-Diving, that unlocks at a very low Shadowy. While I can't confirm that it still does so (this was after the quirk actions began to get neutered), stealing scandalous material and tossing it into the river raises Austere 1 point (not level) at a time. Getting it to 15 was no easy task.
edited by Saharan on 7/20/2015

--
My Saint - My Twitter - My Seeker
"To light one candle to God and another to the Devils is the principle of wisdom."
+1 link
Mark
Mark

7/20/2015
I return from the Iron Republic... Changed. <Twitch> <Twitch>

The loop-de-loop got my Hedonist to 10 and Austere to 15, but that's all. Any suggestions for how/where to get the last points of Hedonist?

--
+1 link
NiteBrite
NiteBrite

7/20/2015
Laudanum should finish out the hedonist. Thanks for confirming austere 15 still works in the Iron Republic.
edited by NiteBrite on 7/20/2015

--
+1 link
Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

7/20/2015
Laudanum is capped now.

Jeremy Avalon wrote:
So I'm just here to confirm that laudanum no longer works; even at Habit 8 it's capped to Hedonist 10.

--
edited by Sara Hysaro on 7/20/2015

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
+1 link
1234 ..10