Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Summary of loose ends and unresolved stories Messages in this topic - RSS

genesis
genesis

5/15/2015
Following the discovery of the Heptagoat, the completion of SMEN and the ongoing Fallen London Rework, I thought it would be interesting to collate all the unresolved stories, loose ends and other open questions still pending in the world of FL (I mean, mechanically accessible ones). I am hoping for a crowdsourced effort from those of you who are further ahead or been playing longer and I'll update this post with those contributions. I'll divide things up into several categories:

A: Things we have been told to expect

* Final update for each Ambition
* Ability to sell lodgings
* A rework of the unusual Connected qualities - Widow, Duchess, University and Masters.
* Permanent storylets to change &quotYou Make Your Toasts To&quot and &quotIdentified with a Tradition&quot
* Fixing/completing Costs conversion (where quality requirements are differentiated into costs and unlock conditions)
* More content in the Elder Continent and Parabola settings (the latter with its own map!)
* Third season of Knife and Candle
* Return of De Gustibus

B: Qualities that have not been accessed

* Tier 5 Professions (via the Impossible &quotMore rarefied and elaborate roles?&quot branch of An Unsigned Message)
* Sultan's Dream
* Closest to: The Masters, The Duchess, The University, Rubbery Men
* Intimidating... and Disappearing... (reset together with the other progress qualities whenever you go to Zee)
* An Expedition: Seeking an Infernal Picnic
* Engaged in a Case: the Other Wax-Work, the Copper Thumb, the Early Grave, the Man with the Mirrors, the Crooked Bridge
* Target Security: Well-Guarded (A Heist at the Flit)
* Enigma 3 (or whatever the next level is)
* Your Quarry: A Keeper-Moth and Your Quarry: Something from the Roof (Contracts at the Department of menace eradication.)

C: Locked Storylets

* Sixth and Seventh Coils in the Labyrinth of Tigers
* Locked Unterzee destinations:
-- The Pillars
-- The East
* The &quotFollow cold trails and the suspicion of footprints&quot option in &quotHunting across London&quot
* &quotEstablish a Parabolan Base-Camp&quot (in Veilgarden)
* The Pickpocket's Promenade in Veilgarden
* The &quotWaiting for the Watchmaker's Daughter!&quot option on &quotDevices and Desires&quot (to unlock the continuation of the Watchmaker's Daughter storyline)
* The &quotThere's definitely something in it&quot option on &quotA Theosophistical Decision&quot (to unlock the continuation of the Theosophistical Society storyline)
* &quotEnjoy Scones at Beatrice's Tea Shop&quot (Social action at your Lodgings)

D: Qualities that appear to be building up to something but currently don't do very much:

* Keys to Your Future (A Bringer of Death, Empire's Kingmaker, Hellfarer, Fist of the Bazaar)
* Adrift on the Sea of Misery
* Advancing the Liberation of Night
* Closest to (in general; the cost of changing the faction suggests significantly more import than its current tenuous link to the Spending Secrets carousel)
* Acquaintance: the Heptagoat
* Noise (gained when failing while Engaged in a Case)
* Newspaper qualities (Defender of Truth, Cardinal of Conspiracy, Prophet of the Gutter)
* Caught in the Gear's Teeth (part of Playing with Broken Toys storyline)
* &quotAre they talking about you?&quot (gained in the Fate-locked part of the Jack story)

E: Stories that appear to be otherwise incomplete

* The Dilmun Club expedition
* Dreams (other than What the Thunder Said)
* The Blind Pianist and the Sallow Spirifer
* The Wars of Illusion (including rework of Glass/Shroud away from being Connected qualities)
* Mysteries of the Foreign Office
* Diocesan Intrigues
* Leather Hearts (extracted from Jack, somehow linked to the Revolutionaries)
* Life at the University after recovering your reputation
* Nocturnal Visitor to Palace Cellars
* Continuation of the Fate-locked Soldier's Heartbreaking Tale, requiring to drop a Silver Horse Talisman down a well
* The Interpreter of Dreams (Consultations for non-Water and non-Strategy dreams missing)

F: Things that may never happen but feel like they just possibly might happen

* The Quiet Deviless as a spouse
* Higher Studies (a briefly glimpsed branch that may allow further increases of ASotC)
* The return of old Particular Day in the Neath stories (The Perils of the Hackney-Carriage, Apes and Ivory, Odysseus , A Parcel in the Post, Amber Eyes, A Conundrum of Cavies)
* Gilded Crustacean
* Silver Tree tie-ins for Fate (Temple Club, Falcon etc)
* Sunless Sea tie-ins for Fate (Parabolan Panther, Dadd Wing etc)
* Closest to: The Widow
* &quotSeek Assistance from another writer&quot (For when you are working on literary works)(likely retired)
* the “profit” that is implied to come from the Devious Raven Adviser in its flavour description

G: Characters with unfleshed-out background or background elements that haven't been tied up

* The Numismatrix
* The Implacable Detective (and whatever happened with the key in the well on Hunter’s Keep)
* The nature of the maid and the thing at the bottom of the well on Hunter’s Keep
* Lyme
* The Ambassador
* False-summer
* The lack of foxes in London (in-game, as the Mysteries answer claims there is in-game basis for the lore)
* Drudgewick
edited by genesis on 7/10/2019

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/mikey_thinkin

Keeping track of incomplete content and loose ends in Fallen London
+32 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

5/15/2015
genesis wrote:

* An option on Correspondence Plaque to use them in your studies

It is just a signpost telling you to go to the University.

genesis wrote:

* Pocketful of Loose Change

This is for Spending Secret. It is possible to get to Counting the Days without enough Pocketful of Loose Change to cash in for better rewards, and the risky option for Mark of Credit wipe this quality out. Nothing special about it.

genesis wrote:

* Adrift on the Sea of Misery

Given the way it works, it seems to be just another "Airs of London" quality.

There is also the Foreign Office, which presumably is the lead-in for Carnelian Coast as you are suppose to go from
Exiled from Court -> Offered the post of Governer at Carnelian Coast -> Get it sorted out at Foreign Office -> Go to Carnelian Coast

In addition:

A Nocturnal Visitor to the Palace Cellars
The Struggling Artist (good god why can't you take care of yourself like the Model does)
The Starving Artist
The Honey-Sipping Heiress
More Coils at Labyrinth of Tiger
Feducci
Bound in Diocesan Intrigue
Lyme

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, cider, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
0 link
cyberpunkdreams
cyberpunkdreams

5/15/2015
I'm keenest about the Dilium Club for some reason, plus new places to explore at sea (okay, I know we have Sunless Sea for that now, but still...)

--
Seeking alpha testers for a new StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Welcoming friends, rivals, sightseers; a life of some importance in the Neath.
+3 link
bitterhorn
bitterhorn

5/15/2015
cyberpunkdreams wrote:
I'm keenest about the Dilium Club for some reason

Same. NEVER TAKING THE LAPEL PIN OFF EVER.

--
Marsh(-)mark(ed) thurifer, bookkeeper, &c. of Blackfen-on-Zee; Bazaarine aesthete, unnatural historian, thing-about-town.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/bitterhorn
+3 link
cyberpunkdreams
cyberpunkdreams

5/15/2015
bitterhorn wrote:
cyberpunkdreams wrote:
I'm keenest about the Dilium Club for some reason

Same. NEVER TAKING THE LAPEL PIN OFF EVER.

With you brother!

--
Seeking alpha testers for a new StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Welcoming friends, rivals, sightseers; a life of some importance in the Neath.
+3 link
genesis
genesis

5/15/2015
Thank you, Estelle!

Estelle Knoht wrote:

* Pocketful of Loose Change

I suppose it felt like there is more to the whole Numismatrix story and that we'd be learning more about currency and using Pocketfuls for other purposes... But maybe not.

Estelle Knoht wrote:
There is also the Foreign Office
Bound in Diocesan Intrigue

As I am not there yet on either of these, is it that there is an explicitly locked or incomplete path? Or just the story doesn't feel finished?

Feducci
Lyme

Do you mean that it seems that the characters themselves need more story development or are there actual storylets involving them that are incomplete?

A Nocturnal Visitor to the Palace Cellars

I thought this was finished, no? Or do you think the intention is that we go to Parabola and pursue more of it there?

The Struggling Artist (good god why can't you take care of yourself like the Model does)
The Starving Artist
The Honey-Sipping Heiress

Do you just mean to remove their cards from the deck? I didn't get a sense that there was more to their stories

More Coils at Labyrinth of Tiger

Ah yes. The fifth coil is explicitly there but locked. I will add this in. Also I forgot to add Sultan's Dream to the list of qualities we know are out there.

--

0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

5/15/2015
Some storylets and lore hints that Lyme and Feducci are more important than they look and you will be dealing with them again in the future beyond what you can do with them currently. At least, more than just "duel this guy" and "teach the Clay Man", like how Virginia is teased to be involved in Ambitions instead of just being your annoyance in archaeology.

Foreign Office, fate-locked or not, are simply not yet finished - your reason of going there is to become a diplomat and the governor of Carnelian Coast, which was offered as a compensation for getting you exiled from the Court. Right now, you can hang around and grind a repeatable carousel with no permanent effect.

Bound in Diocesan Intrigue is kind of a prelude, I think? Kind of like how Scientific Expedition is a prelude to Dilmun Club.

The Struggling Artist and the Heiress kind of sticks out because the Model and the Jewel-Thief get development later on.
I will, of course, always complain about the Struggling Artist because he is like an Eyeless Skull.

Pocketful of Loose Change have very explicit function and not much story attached to it. It is also a Progress quality, in the same category as Casing and Investigating. What I mean is that you might have new things to buy with it in the future but you don't call Investigating an unresolved story for having new story that use the quality.

Presumably, the dreams will also be going on for a long time as you need 99 Is Someone There? for the Parabolan Base-Camp.

Personally speaking, I hope Millicent Clathermont is a loose end. Still feel bad for the fat man. Probably doesn't count.

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, cider, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
+5 link
Tektotherriggen
Tektotherriggen

5/15/2015
You need 5 Leathery Human Hearts for something at the University (Shadowy Dealings at the University > An anatomical moment). I don't know what it does, or if it uses them up, but it is *something*.

[Edit] Except you do have them listed as incomplete stories rather than useless. Sorry, I should read better.
edited by Tektotherriggen on 5/15/2015

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Tektotherriggen
Interested in any fair social interaction.
0 link
Jeremy Avalon
Jeremy Avalon

5/15/2015
All it does is give you a token amount of Connected: Revolutionaries.

http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/An_anatomical_moment

--
The Licentious Ludologist, a delightful gentleman of indiscriminate and eternal appetites.

My Guide to Notability, Making Waves, and BDR

Rigor Mortis, a web comic about three little undead girls and their search for friendship and decent Wi-Fi in Hell. If you like the more comedic and humane side of FL, you might like it.
0 link
vitamancy
vitamancy

5/15/2015
This might be getting a bit off-topic, but Nitebrite's heptagoat success has me wondering. Has anyone at Failbetter made comments about how much content currently exists that has never been discovered by anyone?

There may be good reasons they wouldn't want to divulge that information, but it would be interesting to know.
+1 link
Lady Strange
Lady Strange

5/16/2015
This may be off topic too, since it's not technically a loose end and more like languishing hope. I hope comprehensive bribes will one day return to the War of the Assassins options.

--
My main, Lady Strange (https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Lady%20Strange), in the process of stockpiling various items for various purposes, one task at a time. Regrettably not accepting challenges for the Tournament of Lilies.

My Alt, Lord George Mowbray (https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Lord%20George%20Mowbray), younger son of an impoverished Marquess, proud owner of an Übergoat, ploddingly grinding for cider and other things.
0 link
genesis
genesis

5/29/2015
Updated with the newly discovered Expedition quality and the Well-Guarded level for Flit Heists. Also moved The Carnelian Coast slightly due to its recent disappearance as a locked storylet.

--

0 link
Danko
Danko

5/29/2015
Great work, genesis! I think this thread needs to be either stickied or bumped constantly, as a kind of to-do/remained list smile

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Danko
0 link
Ian Hart
Ian Hart

5/29/2015
I agree that SMEN should be something like Ambition: Mr Eaten's Name, in line with Enigma.
Shouldn't that be "Tier 5 Professions"?
Pickpocket's Promenade isn't locked.
I feel like The Cheery Man and the Last Constable is complete. Getting a permanent resource-giving opportunity card is, in my experience, a "this story is over" marker.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Antifinity
+1 link
genesis
genesis

5/29/2015
Ian Hart wrote:

Shouldn't that be "Tier 5 Professions"?

Er, yes., you are quite right I was thinking Notability 8 that would be required for it.
Pickpocket's Promenade isn't locked.

Pickpocket's Promenade itself isn't locked. But the *Veilgarden* path is.
I feel like The Cheery Man and the Last Constable is complete. Getting a permanent resource-giving opportunity card is, in my experience, a "this story is over" marker.

I don't think I got any new opportunity cards...? In any case the last storylet for the Last Constable path says: "This story ends here for now.", suggesting that there is more to come.

--

0 link
Ian Hart
Ian Hart

5/29/2015
Ah, quite right.
I did the Cheery Man side of it, and that appears to be finished. How unfair!

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Antifinity
0 link
Kylestien
Kylestien

5/31/2015
I don't knowq if this has been covered, but returning to court after being sent to the Foreign office and taking your rightful post as Imperial Artist-in-Residence.

--
I will accept all actions, though I hold the right to refuse for my own reasons. However, if you explain WHY you send me a harmful action like Loitering or Dantes,And I feel the reason good, I will consider it more. http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kylestien

Persuasive patron. You want a lesson, send me a message asking for one.
0 link
Hempwick
Hempwick

5/31/2015
So we know about the Carnelian coast, the east, and North (if not NORTH) thanks to Sunless Sea. But what do we know about the pillars? They make me think of the sea of statues, but that's not even close to being right.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Hempwick
0 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

5/31/2015
The Pillars would be Irem in the Pillared Sea - a mysterious place in its own right, of course.

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
FrillyShirt, featuring Doctor Taupe-Wainscot, the Most Boring Man in Fallen London.
+2 link
Hempwick
Hempwick

6/1/2015
Okay, I guess I didn't think about that. It'll be cool if Fallen London and Sunless Sea reach a point of near congruity. After all Corpsecage and Bullbone are nowhere to be seen in the Sunless Sea.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Hempwick
0 link
1234 ..7