Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Commiseration: Our most painful failures Messages in this topic - RSS

Siankan
Siankan

9/1/2017
dariuseng wrote:
I don't know if this is the sort of thing you guys mean by painful failures, but I just got rid of 14 Notability while trying to raise one of my stats to 215 by accidentally clicking "Come to the assistance of Dr F______" and I feel like I need to share this with someone and it felt very painful to me

That would be precisely the thing, and I am so very, very sorry.

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
+2 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

9 days ago
So I've got a bunch of cellars of wine from breeding hounds of heaven. I've been meaning to upconvert them, so I draw all my cards at my lodgings.
Drew my first Presumptuous Opportunity card in several days, immediately discarded it.
upset

--
McGunn/Bsymstad Sporadically still around. Might respond if you send something.
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
+2 link
Ixc
Ixc

9 days ago
My painful failure was that I got 7 consecutive fortunate results on the "Steam Boldly" option in the Broad Unterzee. That's a failure, because in this case I wished to capture a Plated Seal.

7 fortunate results... Perhaps this is the work of the Drowned One.

--
Pleased to meet you. Ixc , spy and detective. Inventor of the Correspondence Cannon. Are you a Paramount Presence? Record your name here. For posterity, of course.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
0 link
Bitty
Bitty

9 days ago
I just started playing in April and until like early August i never got the point of the journal so i just....never used it, i rlly wish I did i like keeping track of stuff

--
Main Account, Heathen

Alt Account, Aten
+4 link
parandr0id
parandr0id

5 days ago
A few days ago I accidentally got rid of my Level 11 Plant. Never fought with it, but had been tending to it for years. RIP

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Parandr0id
+4 link
Iona Dre'emt
Iona Dre'emt

4 days ago
Some of these feel physically like someone stabbing you in the chest...all that time! All that work! All that patience!

--
POSI Main, Phiri Ulfur, genderless and mysterious. Their heart belongs to a Pirate-Poet across the Zee.
Mid-Game Alt Vermillion Liminate a semi-independent/morally grey vigilante, seeking the Name.
Mid-Game Alt #2,Lady Jacqueline Blackwood, a charming socialite who always hides her true motives.
Early Game Alt #3, Veracity Taylor a fierce woman with a tragic past and a hunger for justice.

I will accept any and all social actions on Fallen London(unless its a box of live rats. I already got rid of the d---ned things once and I'm not eager to repeat the endeavor.) PLEASE send Phiri anything that will gain them Making Waves. Notability grinding is monstrous.
+2 link
Amalgamate
Amalgamate

2 days ago
Ugh, I just realized my timing is terrible. I'm currently grinding Notability for London's Nerves. I'm at notability 13, and am working on getting to 14 this week. Then one week to prepare, and going for 15 the week after.

...yeah, that falls right across Hallowmas. The holiday where you use up your notability. I'm not giving up my 13th/14th points of notability for some companions that aren't so great anyway...

--
My profile is at http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/amalgamate .

Social invitations of all kinds welcome!
0 link

2 days ago
My greatest guilts, the ones are remember the most, are these:

When persueing the case of the Mottled Man, I miraculously succeded at the fourth or fifth try on gettingg through to the end! However.....
Of those five attempts, three times did I meet the infernal sommelier. Three times did I give him two brilliant souls, poor defenseless twins, for him to do as he will. Six souls did I damn.....just to continue on with the story.

My other great regret is when I fed a spoonful of lacre to my chatty rattus fabber, who by the way helped me in finding and ending the terrible snuffer known as the Big Rat. I could visualize how the poor creature shriekied a dying shriek, fell still and then turned to goo, which I ignominiously and ingrately mopped off the floor.

My greatest failures are those that can never be righted, and are beyond forgiveness.
0 link
Eric Larrieu-let
Eric Larrieu-let

2 days ago
My greatest guilts, the ones are remember the most, are these:

When persueing the case of the Mottled Man, I miraculously succeded at the fourth or fifth try on gettingg through to the end! However.....
Of those five attempts, three times did I meet the infernal sommelier. Three times did I give him two brilliant souls, poor defenseless twins, for him to do as he will. Six souls did I damn.....just to continue on with the story.

My other great regret is when I fed a spoonful of lacre to my chatty rattus fabber, who by the way helped me in finding and ending the terrible snuffer known as the Big Rat. I could visualize how the poor creature shriekied a dying shriek, fell still and then turned to goo, which I ignominiously and ingrately mopped off the floor.

My greatest failures are those that can never be righted, and are beyond forgiveness.
0 link