Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Commiseration: Our most painful failures Messages in this topic - RSS

Hotshot Blackburn
Hotshot Blackburn

3/2/2018
I was a Shattering Force and was preparing to make the jump to Legendary Charisma to finally pursue the Paramount Presence grind. I had 14 Notability, was prepared for the last grind to 15. I thought, might as well go all the way to 15, pay the 15 FATE to change focuses without losing Notability, and then go immediately to Legendary Charisma with 15 Notability and use my saved card to get Persuasive 215. It was a great idea!...

Until I looked at the requirements and realized that after you revert your specialization, getting a new specialization involves spending 5 Notability. The grind from 0-5 Notability is way less time-consuming than the grind from 9-15 Notability...

--
Hotshot Blackburn: Hunter. Mercenary. Revolutionary. A firm believer in kindness, solidarity, and sufficient use of force.
+6 link
Shy
Shy

3/4/2018
I spent a year holding on to a mood card waiting until I gathered up enough will to grind to 5 notability. Got there, used the mood, still failed my career upgrade. So now I'm all mooded up with no where to go. Should've used that mood for something else, clearly.

--
Imperceptible Sovereign, Perplexing Tempter, Apprehensive Scholar.
+1 link
Aniline
Aniline

3/5/2018
I was saving up for Destin, reached Nota 11 and accidentally clicked the naughty button on the unsigned message card. The site hung up on me but unfortunately the action still went through. Undaunted, I did the math and saw unmodded Watchful 211 was juuuuust right for me to get the next ASotC level and chase it with a mood card that I had and an EF sub straight to Courier's Footprint, provided I got the +8 home comfort (2 more GG Favour turn-ins). However, I've been sitting on Urchins 40/7 for quite some time and decided to stick my head into the clouds (a scream earned is a scream saved). Drew the SMEN card while there and played it for the cool factor, without thinking. Ouch.

--
Melantha Prescott, the Suspicious Statistician. "3% failure chances crop up nine times out of ten."
Francesca Ayers-Kernighan, bat-hunter, cat-whisperer
+2 link
Greg M
Greg M

3/19/2018
Oh man, I feel this so hard. I apparently missed the *entire* Ambition: Nemesis Forgotten Quarter storylet, heading straight for the Shuttered Palace, and never even made Gaoler's Honey. Or, if I did (I can't remember), I certainly never sampled it. DAMNIT. I think this is the only time I've specifically missed out on a chunk of story.

BlakeTheDrake wrote:
Consumed the Gaoler's Honey. Visited a unique area. Used a couple of actions there and left. Found out less than a minute later that A: That area had several unique Cards available, some of which even give Fate and B: There's no way to go back there. Ever.

Nevermind the fate, really. It's the fact that I'll never, ever get to see those cards that really burns. Even if I start up an alt at some point, I'll be pursuing a different Ambition, so I won't get anywhere near the red honey...

--
Profile: GregM.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/GregM

Available for any non-harmful social interactions. NOT the next Mayor of London. Fraud, I say, FRAUD!
0 link
Dima Lazarev
Dima Lazarev

3/22/2018
Dima Lazarev wrote:
I shared dream of skies untainted with Mr. Sacks and lost a level of Persuasive. Being Paramount Presence, I won’t be able to restore it any time soon.

Restored everything to 215 and then several days later accidentally looked in a wrong mirror. FML.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Dima Lazarev
+1 link
Harvey Hattington
Harvey Hattington

4/25/2018
Grinding Notability to increase my maximum Watchful via an Extraordinary Mind. Completely forgot that I hadn't chosen the specialization yet.

I was at 9 Notability and 22 MW.
...I think I'm going to lie down for a moment.

--
Harvey Hattington, an inescapable gentleman: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Harvey%20Hattington
Morgan Adams the Wax Woman. Gone North, gone forever: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Morgan%20Adams
+3 link
Kowth
Kowth

4/25/2018
I keep losing 7N to the favorable circumstances card. Like twice a month. Drives me nuts.
+1 link
GuesssWho
GuesssWho

4/26/2018
I am on my third mysterious plant because the get rid of it option is the one on top.

--
DO you recall how the Hunger began?
I'm sorry, my darling, I don't think I can!
FROM past the High Wilderness and beyond
Don't dare to go Seeking, but of Him I'm fond.
--The Elfin Cannibal

Bohemian. Revolutionary. Fond of Rubbery Men. Carefully friendly towards He In The Well.
+4 link
Fallen Puppeteer
Fallen Puppeteer

4/26/2018
For me, it would by dying from wounds gained by preparing for the Black Ribbon. Not even fighting, but PREPARING.

--
"Il ne reste donc rien, sauf pour nos regrets."
(No, I'm not French. I used Google Translate.)
+5 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

26 days ago
Ah, the Election. Time for debating on the forums, gathering up Reputation for your career, and making sure you're topped off at 15 Notability.

Or, apparently, time for accidentally overcapping. Sure, that works too. I needed that Dangerous, really.
edited by Dudebro Pyro on 6/21/2018

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
+5 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

25 days ago
In the cave of the Nadir I thought I had to play all the cards in my hands until I was forced out... I lost a lot of progress on getting my stats to 200

--
Honeyaddict, Scarlet Saint, Canon

A pleasure to meet you.
PM me here for social interactions in Fallen London. (Please no Photographer, all others are welcome.)
Please send me a calling card (or letter) first in Fallen London.
(I will accept almost all social interactions and do enjoy Role Playing)
+1 link
Wilhelm Leibniz III
Wilhelm Leibniz III

24 days ago
The Last Constable.......

--
Wilhelm Leibniz III, Glassman, Hearts Desire
+6 link
easter
easter

19 days ago
Fallen Puppeteer wrote:
For me, it would by dying from wounds gained by preparing for the Black Ribbon. Not even fighting, but PREPARING.
I've done that INTENTIONALLY a couple times. Figured getting wounds down from 7 to somewhere that would let me fight the high ranked people was gonna be faster and cheaper on the boat than anywhere else. Plus you can get lucky and get a free win with courier of the dead.

Mine was probably failing the Last Constable/Cheery man roll on both my main and my alt. Or getting an eyeless skull on my first try and then realizing I only had 3 crates of supplies left and having to sell it because it was clogging up 2 of my 3 draw slots. I have not managed to get another of those buggers since.
+1 link